|Arnd Timmermann was trained at the University Hospital in Goettingen, Germany, for 15 years before he became the Head of the Department of Anaesthesia, Pain Therapy, Intensive Care and Emergency Medicine, Red Cross Clinics Berlin Westend and Mitte, Berlin, Germany.
He was awarded the DEAA (Diploma of the European Academy of Anaesthesiology) by the European Society of Anesthesiology. In 2007 he also graduated as a “Master of Medical Education” (MME) at the University Heidelberg, Germany.
He is a founder member and the current executive director “European Airway Management Society” (EAMS), a member and former board of director of the Society of Airway Management (SAM) and a member of the Task Force “Airway Management” of the German Society of Anesthesia and Intensive Care Medicine (DGAI). He conducts regular workshops and training courses in airway management in Germany and during international anesthesia meetings.
His research interests includes difficult airway management, prehospital airway management, extraglottic airways, education, training & simulation.
List of publications
Executive Director is a member, who advises the Board for every purpose of the society. Tasks of the Executive Director:
- President | Prof. Dr. med. Robert Greif, MME, FERC
- President-Elect | Michael Seltz Kristensen, MD
- Immediate Past-President | Kamil Toker, MD
- Executive Director | Arnd Timmermann, Prof. Dr. med., DEAA, MME
- Treasurer | Rüdiger Noppens
- Secretary | Lorenz Theiler, PD Dr. med.
- Secretary | Kemal Tolga Saracoglu, Assoc. Prof. Dr. med.
- Non Officer | Massimiliano Sorbello, MD
- Non Officer | Iljas Hodzovic, MD, FRCA (UK)